Thanks to King Ludwig II, the famous Linderhof was transformed from a forester's cottage into an impressive castle.
Ludwig II developed the first construction projects for the Linderhof in 1868. Construction work focused mainly on the former forester's cottage of his father, Maximilian II, which was then located on what is today the palace forecourt and which the king used on hunting trips with his father when he was Crown Prince.
The Linderhof Palace, which was built and remodelled over a period of many years, is the only major palace building that King Ludwig II saw completed.
For more information, click here.